Granite and marble countertops
Granite is one of the most popular countertop materials on the market and a popular choice for modern or traditional houses. Marble is synonymous with luxury and is a classic choice for high-end homes.
- Durability: Granite is often cited as the most durable natural countertop material available, and is known for resisting cracks and chips well. Hot pots can be placed directly on the countertop, you can cut right on the surface without damage, and spills wipe away easily. Like granite, marble is very strong and resistant to damage.
- Humidity, temperature, frost are not an obstacle;
- Do not cause of allergic reactions
- Appearance: As with any material, the aesthetic differences between granite and marble are a matter of taste. Some people prefer the natural look of granite, which comes in a wide range of colors and patterns. Others like the elegance and veining of marble, which is easily recognizable and most commonly available in black or white.
- Maintenance: With proper annual re-sealing, granite is very resistant to stains, though well-used kitchens may need to be sealed as often as monthly.